Anastacia 's Reviews > Spirit Fighter

Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law

Jul 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, christian, first-reads, e-books, series, young-adult-childrens
Read from July 07 to October 12, 2012

First, I want to admit, I finished reading this book months ago, & never wrote the review for it. Mainly because I received the book for free to review through booksneeze, & I wasn't sure just how much I liked it, or if I even liked it enough to review it, so I sat on it to think about it - and then forgot about it ;/.

Part of the reason why I struggled how to review the book was because I would have absolutely LOVED & ADORED this book as a kid/young adult - I was a regular Sunday School & church goer, & there really wasn't any Christian fiction out there besides the Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe, & that wasn't really Christian fiction, just written by a Christian author. I would have adored reading a book like this, & I could see myself really getting into it.

But as an adult, I was bored throughout most of the story, & just felt like so much of the plot was way too awfully convenient, and boy oh boy, guess what, there's a happy ending! Wow, I'm so surprised (insert sarcasm here). The book, however, was very well written & I did like some of the characters, though ironically not so much the main characters as the secondary characters. I also think that this is a very unique storyline, & for these reasons I am giving the book 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Fighter.