Anastacia 's Reviews > Arms Of Love

Arms Of Love by Kelly Long

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, christian, historical-fiction, e-books, romance
Read in July, 2012

In short, this book is about a young lady, Lena, & her struggles - both her struggles to listen to her beloved father, her struggles to do what is right & her struggles to listen to what she believes God is telling her to do.

The book begins with Lena's love interest, Adam, making a promise to Lena's dying mother. As with most romance books, most of the anguish of the book could have been solved if Adam just told Lena of his promise to her mother - but he doesn't. The rest of the book is about how he struggles to keep his promise, how their romance is resolved, so they can live happily ever after. There's a few minor mysteries that are solved along the way as well.

This book takes place during the Revolutionary war, but those seeking a historical fiction book won't really see any history in the book. There's a few brief mentions of going off to fight the war, & Adam is friends with a military man, but over all, this is more of an Amish romance than a historical fiction book.

All & in all, I did greatly enjoy the book & read it in just a couple of days, which is amazing for me these days. I felt it was a little slow in the middle, & I wish it had ended a little sooner (instead of adding a couple more scenes after what I felt was a nice climatic ending), but I did enjoy reading the tale of Lena, Adam, & his brother Issac.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arms Of Love.