Teresa's Reviews > The Lincoln Conspiracy

Sep 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction
Read in September, 2012

Received this title as a Goodreads giveaway. I thought the author was Tim O'Brien who wrote "The Things They Carried" about the Vietnam war; but, this is a different Timothy O'Brien and not the same author at all. Early into the book and it is intended as an action/adventure fictional account of what might have transpired in DC around Lincoln's death.
Finished the pre-publication edition this morning. The author's strength is in depicting the period of the nation - the transportation, the clothing, the beliefs, the occupations, the technology, etc. I particularly enjoyed the one scene with the photographer and his negative of the last photo of Lincoln. (I recently joined a photo club and am learning digital photography, so, there is a natural interest.) The plot was interesting and held my attention. Living in the DC suburbs, I was interested in the dated scenes of historic Washington DC sites, too.
The author's weakness is that I found the story often confusing - so many characters and not enough initial character development for the leads and little transition between scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Conspiracy.