Nykki's Reviews > Falling to Earth

Falling to Earth by Deirdre Palmer

F 50x66
Jul 23, 12

Read in July, 2012

This was a nice easy read book, the kind of thing you can read lazily whilst laid in the garden on a sunny day... the story was intreeging and my curiosity made me keep reading. Most of the characters seemed normal and real and going through everyday normal life. I'm unsure how I feel about the change in direction from the start where a strange intruder falls into Juliet's life to the complicated and quite dangerous 'problem' her husband has at work. I wonder if there was need for both, just as i wonder if there was need to bring her daughter's relationship with her biological father into the limelight too. However, I also understand the author's need to display the main characters own journey through all of there things to bring her to the conclusion. The most dramatic part in the story surrounding Gray's flat and his work problem; Palmer wrote wonderfully to keep the suspense about what had happened until the last possible moment. The book is a journey of not just Juliet's character but those closest to her, of course it has a happy ending ;)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling to Earth.