Lynai's Reviews > Copycat

Copycat by Erica Spindler

Oct 28, 08

bookshelves: own-a-copy
Read in October, 2008

The first time that I have read a novel by Erica Spindler (Dead Run) I was utterly too disappointed that I vowed never to read any Spindler novel ever again. I've had enough of Erica Spindler, I've said. After visiting a booksale, however, I just couldn't resist leaving behind a 15-peso book "unbought", if there is such a word.
And was I in for a surprise. Spindler has redeemed herself this time, at least to my taste. Although the plot wasn't that original ( I have vague recollections of book synopsis having similar storylines),Copycat could certainly compete with other crime-suspense-cop novels by excellent male authors, like Sandford, for example. The lead, Detective Kitt Lundgren, and her antagonistic partner, M.C. Riggio, were witty and driven, as well as sympathetic and vulnerable, making them all the more human and much believable. The plot was interesting enough, with its surprising twists and turns, I wouldn't have figured out who the Sleeping Angel Killer and his Copycat were if I hadn't taken a "peek" into the last few chapters before finishing the book altogether--i know, a terribly bad habit I just couldn't shake off me.
I guess I'm giving Erica Spindler another chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copycat.