Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Painted Blind

Painted Blind by Michelle A. Hansen

Jan 27, 14

bookshelves: blog-tour, favourites, e-book
Read from August 22 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

I joined the blog tour for this because I thought the premise sounded so interesting. I seriously thought it was a contemporary romance and that she was an artist of some sort. Boy I'm sure glad I was wrong. This is the retelling of Eros and Psyche. I love mythology tales, but I only know the most popular ones. So imagine to my surprise I haven't heard of this one. I’m so grateful to join this tour, because I enjoyed it immensely.

I highly recommend this book, not just for the beautiful love story even though it was instant, but because Psyche never gave up on Erik. I just wished they fell in love a lot longer. I also wanted to know more about Erik. There was a lack of personality happening there, just because Psyche saw him as perfect. I loved the secondary characters though. I felt I knew them more than I did Erik.

Michelle writes so beautifully, adding details here and there. The pacing is perfect as it picks up in different chapters and slows down in others to give us a break from the emotional cries. I can't help but love the world she has painted. It actually seems like paradise. On the other hand, Hades is exactly how I would picture it. Pain and suffering beyond belief, I couldn't help but feel a little scared. It was too vivid, too real. Too freaky! Maybe it had to do with the fact that I read it late at night?

The only thing that should change is the cover. The cover lacks personality and could be a beautiful cover if they redesigned it.

Take a chance on this one, I highly recommend it. This is one of my favourite reads I’ve read this year. I want to read it again because I’m sure I missed something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painted Blind.

08/22/2012 page 104
31.0% "Oooh what a horrible girl!!!!!"