Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Spirit Binder

3382002
Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, review-4-author
Read from July 18 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

First, I wanna say that I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I’m so glad I opted to read this one. Theo wakes up surrounded blood and a demon of some sort is eating bodies and blood around her. So I was thinking dark, gothic type writing. It does have a sense of this but it’s not dark, it’s a great story. I love when things are different and fresh. Theo is 26, yet the last thing she remembers was the evening of her 16th birthday. And lemme just tell you, this kids family takes the betrayal soap opera award!! You’ll be totally shaken up with all the things this poor girl has to go through.

An yet, I LOVE her character. She knows she’s freaking out, as she has no memories from the last 10 years, and she’s getting snippets from before but it’s painful. She’s got people around her she doesn’t know if she’s supposed to trust or stay away from. She’s got powers that she is literally terrified of. She knows she’s being lied to. And yet again, she’s my hero! I really wanna hug her.

And then there’s Hugh and Ren! Hugh is HAWT and has some seriously awesome powers, while Ren is HAWT but human! I was biased from the beginning but I liked them both so much that I would have been ok with her choosing either man. I’m really glad who she chose though but she isn’t left without a little damage. So yes yummy hot guys, but I dont think I can qualify this as a love triangle. Even with two different guys. You’ll just have to read.

I read this book in one sitting, and no it isn’t short, but it’s so good. I would classify it more on the fantasy side, with a distopian feel. And I would say its cool for YA on the mature side. There isn’t any sex scenes but some scenes are a little graphic & there’s some torture situations. Oh and awesome castles!! so, a great book worthy of my 5 PAWS!!

I received this book for review by the author as part of a blog tour! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Binder.