Jaclyn's Reviews > Moonglow

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

Aug 04, 14

bookshelves: net-galley, victorian, werewolves, historical-romance, steampunk-gaslight, arc, widow
Read in July, 2012

Moonglow is the second book in Kristen Callihan’s romantic fantasy series, Darkest London. The first book, Firelight, centered on the youngest Ellis sister, Miranda, and it is also where we meet the main characters of Moonglow, Daisy Ellis and the werewolf, Ian Ranulf. As an aside, I have to say that I LOVE series that take minor characters from the previous books and have them take center stage in the following book. In my opinion that is how a series should be done and gives a series a lot more staying power.

I enjoyed Moonglow as much as, if not more, than the first book in the series. I liked being taken back into this alternate Victorian London where magic exists. The romance aspect of the book was well done, and the chemistry of the two characters was believable. The plot of a rogue werewolf was interesting and fast-paced; however, I did find it very similar to Bec McMaster’s upcoming, Kiss of Steel, which has a rouge vampire roaming around a historical London. Nothing wrong with the similarity as both books were very entertaining.

Overall, this book was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the next book in the series. I love how Callihan has already set up the next book within this one, with the eldest sister and her secrets tearing her marriage apart. At least this is where I am hoping the next book goes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglow.