Babs's Reviews > Slow Dollar

Slow Dollar by Margaret Maron

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: mystery, mystery-romance
Read on July 05, 2012

Okay, this story discloses how Judge Deborah Knott and childhood friend, Sheriff's Deputy Dwight Bryant, become engaged. I've been wondering about this since stumbling upon Three Day Town (a later book in the series, which I read during the end/beginning of 2011/2012). In that book, Deborah and Dwight are honeymooning in New York and get involved in a murder there. In this book, you know Dwight really loves Deborah and this is not a marriage of convenience (at least not as far as he is concerned), as is it seems to be portrayed. However, it not clear in this book that Deborah feels the same way. I think, however, that she realizes in the next book in the series (High Country Fall) that she loves Dwight, as well. I'm not sure though, since I read High Country Fall after reading Three Day Town, both much earlier in this year. Therefore, my memory is not clear.

In any event, though I don't recall when Deborah realizes she loves Dwight, as much as he loves her; the mystery and evolution of the Deborah/Dwight story is a satisfying read.
I don't want to reread High Country Fall, since I read it earlier this year; however, since I can't really remember when Deborah realizes she truly loves Dwight as well, I may take it out from the library just to refresh my memory.

If you have not read others in the series, this one will still stand on its own and should be a good read. However, since I am tied up in the series; I'm hung up on the actual progression. What can I say. I get caught up in details sometimes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Dollar.