Readsalot81's Reviews > All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess

All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess by Alexandra Hawkins

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: dreadful, historicals
Read on August 01, 2012

I really enjoyed Sunrise with a Notorious Lord.. so I was excited to read this one going in. Talk about meh.

I've read a couple of books recently with OUTSTANDING heroes, so this one came up relatively short. "Saint" really did nothing for me, in anyway, shape, or form. Bland or boring might be better adjectives. And I do take issue with throwing in rape/sexual assault to help move along or build a story. And that's how this one starts out.

I'll wholly admit this is my issue. I get REALLY cranky if I don't perceive that the assault/rape is handled well or in a thoughtful manner. It gets my back up quicker than lousy editing, typos, and huge ass plot holes.

****Mini Spoiler ahoy****

The back & forth between Saint and Frost over bedding Madame Venna got old very quickly. It felt like it was put into the story to give Saint something to fight over. I stopped counting how many times Saint went after Frost's throat for some ill made remark. "Don't you dare say something bad about my woman".. sigh.

The ending was terrible. Less than 1 page supposedly took care of all the issues throughout the book. The ending is actually what pissed me off the most. But ugh, I've read enough reviews on GR to hate spoilers.. so I shall resist the urge.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Afternoon with a Scandalous Marquess.

08/01/2012 page 140