Sandra's Reviews > Charmed Life

Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, in-english, e-books, series-not-completely-read, read-in-2012, read-in-vienna
Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

This is the first book in the Chrestomanci series, though not the first book in the series I have read. Luckily for me, they are mostly stand-alone books so that didn't really matter. Except I sort of understood the concept of the Chrestomanci, which made this book.. a little predictable. I'm sure that when the whole concept is new, everything is just genius, because the idea behind Chrestomanci (which I obviously won't be spoiling!) is intriguing and awesome. But being already familiar with the concept, a book that is mostly just introduction kind of fell flat, for me.

I'm certain I'll enjoy the other books in the series, however. Diana Wynne Jones has a witty writing style and writes her books in such a way that it takes your mind of things. I happened to come upon this book at the right time. Sometimes we all just need a little distraction, and this book definitely provided that for me. I'm looking forward to more Diana Wynne Jones.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charmed Life.

07/06/2012
22.0% "This has the wonderful ability to calm me down. Much appreciated, tonight."
show 1 hidden update…