Hiram Alexander's Reviews > Slawter

Mar 18, 09

bookshelves: darren-shan, 2009
Recommended for: People Who Like Darren Shan
Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Slawter was a really fantastic read. This one actually had me flipping pages unlike the first two books that seemed endless. I was really sucked into the story about how this director wants to make the demons in her movies real! I was like "What the hell?" That lady seemed pretty crazy!!! When she went to consult Dervish, I knew right off the bat that there was something fishy about her and it turns out that I was right!!!

I was really excited about the whole idea of the book taking place on a movie set. Maybe that's why I was so absorbed into it. When they did the shot with Emmit dying by the hand of the demon. I knew that something had to go wrong. It did!!! He ended up dying while doing the shoot and everyone thought that he was really doing a god job of acting but it was real!

I was kind of suspicious of Juni in the beginning but it turns out that she wasn't that bad in the end. She really wanted to help and I was a bit surprised when she said that she would kill the guy instead of Grubbs killing him.

When I found out that everything that happened after they escaped in the car from Slawter, I was completely taken by surprise. This book, I think, is the best book in the Demonata series by Darren Shan so far. It was really intense, gross, and suspense filled. I loved it!

Oh, and the whole idea that Grubbs was getting stronger and stronger made me suddenly like him even more. I love magic.

Overall, it was a great book and I just hope that BEC will live up to it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slawter.

03/15/2009 page 20
03/18/2009 page 195
81.25% "OMG! It is sooooo good! I can't stop reading and flipping pages!!!"
show 2 hidden updates…