Jilly's Reviews > Kushiel's Justice

Kushiel's Justice by Jacqueline Carey

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: kushiel
Read in July, 2007

This book was by now means as good as Kushiel’s Scion which is the first installment of Imriel’s stories. Of course, having said this, I can’t say it is worse. I rather enjoyed the story though in the end it became very drawn out.

Imriel is forced into a marriage of state. He marries his King’s niece and while he cares about her and even comes to love her there is no one in the world like Sidonie to him.

Imriel becomes cursed by an ancient people of Alba because of his inability to forget Sidonie. Because of this heart wrenching things take place. I have to say that I’ve not cried once while reading this series except in this book. The things Imriel must endure are beyond anything anyone should ever have to experience.

Now we just have to see if the Queen (Sidonie’s mother) will allow their love or violate the Blessed Elua precept to Love as thou wilt.

I must admit that this book has made me curious about Talorcan (??) and Alais’s story. They are bound to marry and rule Alba and the small parts where they are mentioned of interact are intriguing. I think they should be included in the next installment because there is room for a grand romance there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kushiel's Justice.