TheBookofJules's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

10201714
Nov 08, 12

bookshelves: humor, memoir, kindle-reads
Recommended to TheBookofJules by: karen
Read from July 12 to November 08, 2012

Jenny Lawson is funny. I really had no idea who she was before picking up this book. A quick Google search revealed her to be 'The Bloggess' who I had only vaguely heard of or accidentally found on the internet once. I had no idea the genius and hilarity that was stored in her head. I am so happy that i I read karen's wonderful review of this book (which I encourage you all to read) and decided to give it a go.

The author has this magnificent way of twining together serious subjects and light hearted humor. She does it in such a way that the reader can obviously tell that there are so many more layers to her than the fact that she is simply funny. Jenny's memoir is sincere and genuine and I felt I could really relate to her. I may not have such bizarre happenings in my life such as a taxidermy obsessed father, but I felt like I got to know her through this book, which means she accomplished her goal in writing a memoir.

There were moments in this book that I found myself laughing so loud that I couldn't contain it. Honestly, I think you might as well just check out this book to see if you'd like it. If you don't know who she is, don't worry -- I didn't either! There is profanity so if that sort of humor offends you then this might not be the book for you, but I think that if you do decide to pick up this memoir, you are in for a hilarious ride!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

07/14/2012 page 10
3.0% "ON HOLD! This is GREAT and hilarious! But I'm putting all of my Kindle books on hold until I leave for Poland. I won't be able to take hard copies with me (the weight), so I'll have my Kindle in Poland and can finish it there :)"
10/02/2012
25.0% "ON HOLD! This is GREAT and hilarious! But I'm putting all of my Kindle books on hold until I leave for Poland. I won't be able to take hard copies with me (the weight), so I'll have my Kindle in Poland and can finish it there :)"
11/06/2012
55.0% "I cannot stop giggling throughout this entire book!"