Jilly's Reviews > Kushiel's Scion

Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: kushiel, favorites
Read in June, 2007

I have to say that the other books in this series (before this one) were okay. I liked them enough to read them but at the same time I kept thinking maybe it wasn’t worth it to keep reading.

I’m so glad I did.

While the first three books are from Phedre’s point of view, Kushiel’s Scion is told from Imriel’s (Phedre’s foster son) point of view. He is a prince of blood. The third in line for the throne. The son of two traitors. Through distrust, rumors and bad memories Imriel tries very hard to grow up and be good. The pain inside of him grows until the only thing he feels he can do is leave.

Imriel sets off to University hoping some time on his own will help him deal the pain and memories left from his abduction when he was ten. Instead, Imriel finds an adventure of his own. Through intrigue, woman, battle and learning Imriel discovers that everything he’s endured had made him stronger and now his fondest wish is to find real love like his foster parents.

I have to say this book was worth my time and I’m a little sad it is over but I can’t wait to read the next installment which is also about Imri.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kushiel's Scion.