Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > The Annihilation of Foreverland

The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski

My review appeared on my blog Taking it One Page at a Time.

Disclaimers: I received a electronic copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: Intense. Brilliantly written. Dramatic. Suspenseful. Those are all words that come to mind when thinking about this novel.

I started into this novel not really knowing what to expect. It had been a long time since I read the synopsis, because it unfortunately took a long time to get to this one. But the second I started reading this, I was hooked.

Tony did a great job at creating characters and a world that intrigued me from the get-go. One of my favorite characters was Reed. I was drawn to him from the moment he was introduced.

This novel was darker than I expected but thoroughly addicting. I couldn't stop turning the pages with this one. I kept trying to figure out the plot, but the ending left me surprised. I love books that can do that. I feel so often I read a book and know exactly what is going to happen. This book was not like that--it kept me guessing until the very end.

This novel was a compelling read from a great writer. The character development was fantastic, the plot line engaging, and the writing fantastic. If you like dystopian novels/sci-fi (The Starters, etc), then read this one.

In Summary: A read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely a fresh book in the dystopian market.

Warnings/Side-notes: Some swearing and a little on the dark side, but thoroughly clean other than that. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

The Wrap-up: A novel that I'm thrilled that I read. It was an enjoyable read that like I said I recommend to any dystopian fans. And I absolutely adore the cover, great choice on changing it.

Love,

Danica Page
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Annihilation of Foreverland.