Shay Williams's Reviews > Almost a Scandal

Almost a Scandal by Elizabeth Essex

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: ebook, historical-romance
Read from July 06 to 10, 2012

Reading a historical romance is quite the change of pace from the paranormals that I normally read. Now don't get me wrong. I do very much enjoy this genre, I just don't pick up books from it as much as the others. And after reading ALMOST A SCANDAL I really have to ask myself why that is.

Richard...err Sally...Kent is definitely a unique women even by today's standards. She is physically able to keep up with the men up in the lines of a sailing ship and do such a good job that almost all of the 200 plus men on the ship wasn't aware that she wasn't one of them. It makes me really appreciate the fact that we don't have to hide our sex any longer as long as we can do the job.

ALMOST A SCANDAL actually started out rather slow and it took awhile for me to be able to get into the story. But once it picked up it sure picked up. In fact it turned into one of those books that I really didn't want to put aside for such silly things as sleep. The reader is drawn so strongly into the story that you can smell the smoke from the cannons and the tension of the battle.

I know that I will be keeping an eye out for future books by Ms. Essex and I do recommend this book to readers of historical romance who enjoy unconventional heroines.

I rate this book a 4.1.

*** I received this book at no charge from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions expressed within are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost a Scandal.