Seanean's Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

3119157
Jul 06, 12

Read in July, 2012

Just moments after opening her first office for her private investigation firm Tongues for the Dead, Alex Craft has her next cased dropped on her. Literally.

A man has jumped off a rooftop to his death just feet from Alex and her Tongues partner. But what everyone from the eyewitnesses to the police say is an obvious suicide, Alex knows is murder.

His ghost told her so.

So Alex sets off to investigate his murder, even when no one else believes her, and she comes across a disturbing trend; there has been a string of suicides around the city of Nekros and Alex begins to suspect that they are all connected.

As she gets closer to the truth, she also gets warned away. Death, who Alex can see and hear, is telling her to run. Her Fae lover has also become a danger to her. And the Winter Queen is determined to make Alex a part of her Court, even if that means forcing her through raids against her friends and deception through her oath bound lover.

What's a grave witch (who is quickly losing her vision because of the powers that she must use) to do?

Final thoughts: A nice addition to the story. It's not a stand-alone and it ends with a semi-cliffhanger, but it has a solid plot. I'm getting a little tired of this being in love with two guys thing. Alex needs to make up her mind about which one is more important to her and drop the other one like a bad habit. Personally, I say keep Death and drop Falin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Sigelakis-Minski I agree with you about keeping Death, but I don't mind the two love interests in these books as much as others because she isn't all wishy-washy about having to choose. She is okay with having two since neither of them are always available

Seanean I see where you're coming from, but for me, that's cheating... She's cheating on both of them by not making a decision and being with just one, letting the other go. She needs to make a decision because it's not fair to either men.

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Sigelakis-Minski Seanean wrote: "I see where you're coming from, but for me, that's cheating... She's cheating on both of them by not making a decision and being with just one, letting the other go. She needs to make a decision b..."

I can understand that, but it is part of the author's attempt to make her flawed as compared to some of the other UF female heroines in literature, I guess. Death is clearly more worthy of her though; I hope she doesn't fall for Falin's charms while he is living with her, since anything he does is for the Faerie Queen anyway