Char Chaffin's Reviews > Ashes and Wine

Ashes and Wine by Taryn Elliott

Jul 06, 12

Fiction is meant to engage: your heart, your humor, your fears, hopes, goals. It's meant to entertain, and ASHES AND WINE entertains on many levels, but it also twisted my emotions into knots. Ms. Elliot's writing style is rich with feeling, lyrically satisfying and her story delves deep into the fragile balance of life and death in a way we can all relate to. Royal and Tessa, her lovers, are flawed and beautiful, so determined to sacrifice for family, and yet needing each other too desperately to remain aloof. Their story intertwines with Ms. Elliot's knowledge of wine and its many, almost sensual nuances, and makes for a fascinating read.

Family is important in ASHES AND WINE, and Ms. Elliot makes sure the reader knows this, by giving us insight into the Andreas family dynamics, as they prepare for tragedy. Their weaknesses become the foundation of Royal Andreas's strength, along with Tessa's determination to break down his barriers and get through to his heart. Their romance is passionate and complex.

Don't miss out on this wonderful book!

Char Chaffin, Author of PROMISES TO KEEP
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes and Wine.