Charon's Reviews > West of Want

West of Want by Laura Kaye

Jul 06, 2012

bookshelves: romance, paranormal-romance
Read from July 21 to 25, 2012

I had a hard time getting into this book, and mainly because I could barely be able to stand Zephyrous' character. Yes, I understand his harsh background of numerous past betrayal, loss and rejection. Still, his self-deprecation, doubts and hesitation to move forward pissed me off more often than not. I started enjoying the book almost half-way into it, when Zeph finally decided to grow some backbones.

I liked that we got to know more about Anemoi gods, and rather excited to have Chrysander in the next book. The appearance of Owen in this book further confirmed that North of Need was much more enjoyable for me. Owen is such a cute loveable character!

The conflict and the twist at the end was pretty well-done. It explained the almost-insta love/connection between Zeph and Ella. The epilogue put a smile on my face. These two deserve all the happiness in the world considering all they've been through.

Overall it was a good read, I'm looking forward to South of Surrender since Chrys seem to be much more dynamic character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read West of Want.

07/25/2012