Tammy's Reviews > A Land More Kind Than Home

A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash

1938210
Jul 08, 12

Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

One of the best things in life is to start a new book. And what makes it even better is when you can't put the book down because it's so incredibly good. Maybe because I'm picky or get bored easily new books don't always hold my attention and my excitement to seems to fizzle halfway into them.

Well this book is the exception as it was amazing, heartbreaking, gripping and haunting. If Goodreads allowed me to give it 10 stars I would. I'm not sure how I came across this book, but was glad to see that my friend Linda loved it so I knew I had stumbled onto something good.

All of the characters are memorable. I felt such a range of emotions for each of them, especially the two young boys - Jess and Christopher. It's somewhat of a thriller and a definite page turner that you'll find hard to put down. At the same time it's beautifully written. Wiley Cash's words will make you feel as though you can hear, see, taste and feel everything happening in the small Appalachian town of Marshall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Land More Kind Than Home.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Linda Great review! I loved it, too! My favorite of 2012

message 2: by Lia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia i share your views on this great bok

message 3: by Heartbleed (new)

Heartbleed u