Bookish Michelle's Reviews > Blood of the Demon

Blood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario

Jul 30, 12

Read on July 09, 2012

Demons are supposed to be ugly looking evil creatures, aren't they? Well, let Blood of the Demon prove you wrong!

Brynn was just a normal lady and the owner of an art gallery. She was knocked out by some guy in her own art gallery one night and was kidnapped! Keegan was the name of the guy who kidnapped her to stop his evil demon father from bringing apocalypse, for she was the key to grant his father the indestructible army he so craved. He has the help from his three half-brothers, all of whom are born with special abilities. However, he'd have to destroy the key if his father manage to find the hidden book! Well, Brynn wasn't some weakling. She has some sort of special powers--the power to tap into memories of the items and drain people of their energy. Will they be able to stop their father from obtaining the book and the key to the indestructible army?

The author spins an enjoyable story of demons, filled with danger, romance and a wonderful cast of characters. It was easy to feel Keegan's attraction to Brynn from the start and how he was always protecting her and fulfilling her wishes (even though she was kept as a prisoner). Brynn was definitely a strong and courageous character whom I admired. She's totally selfless. And those half brothers of Keegan are totally cool, each with their own special ability. I was able to feel their unique bond to each other and was impressed with the way they respected their eldest brother and supported him. Great one at that! However, I do have to admit that the pace of the book is slow at certain parts. Nevertheless, it is still worth a read.

Overall, Blood of the Demon is an entertaining paranormal romance with a unique concept which I'd recommend it to those who enjoy this genre. I'm looking forward to book 2 of the series to read more about Brynn and Keegan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Demon.