Red's Reviews > Bane

Bane by H.M. Ward

Sep 21, 12

bookshelves: summer-reads, read-till-2k12, aug
Read from August 15 to 17, 2012

This book. This author. They are awesome. I had put off reading this book in the beginning as I tend to get distracted easily. Anyway, once I started reading it, I was drawn into this new vampire world HMWard had created. Seriously, I love this woman.

There is a vampire monarchy in this new world. You will be sucked into this world for sure. The prologue will give you your first short of stress– anticipation and you will feel like Kahli is feeling. – you don't want to be found.

Our protagonist Kahli is a fierce, strong lady who has been tending for herself living in the wilds killing vampire trackers who come for her. She can seriously kick some butt. :D I love Kahli's hair. Ehhehe. Will's introduction was awesome. It was just another day for Kahli when she got ambushed by werewolves and got help in the form of Will. She still can't rest in peace as Will sells her off. Then in a quick turn of events she finds herself at the unfriendly hands of the Queen and then ultimately the King. She doesn't rest and keeps finding ways to escape from the palace. She manages to do that but by angering the King. Ha!

Why such intense interest in Kahli— the vamps are getting weak, there are no more humans left in the world and only a few in the palace. And Kahli has something special about her blood and her choices. :-/

The scenes between Will and Kahli were good. The book ended quickly, though.. :-/ I have to say I am looking forward to Catalyst.

I am a fan of HMWard's writing. This book was no different. I like the switch she makes from one character to the other so smoothly. But I still think Demon Kissed series has the top spot in my HMWard library shelf. :-p

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bane.

08/14/2012 page 5
08/16/2012
30.0% "Liking it so far. I love Holly."
show 3 hidden updates…