Christian Fiction Addiction's Reviews > Cottage by the Sea

Cottage by the Sea by Robin Jones Gunn

Every so often, I read a novel that causes me to feel things incredibly deeply, submerging me into the pain and joy, trials and triumphs of the characters in a truly tangible way. Cottage by the Sea is one such novel, poignant, rich, reaching down into my soul and leaving me moved by the story contained within its pages. My heart both broke and rejoiced as I read Erin's story and watched her walk through a journey of discovery with her father, a journey that ultimately led to true healing for both. I think that this story especially spoke to me as I considered my own relationship as a father to my own daughters, and as I imagined how I am showing them my love and care. Am I making them feeling cared for and cherished? Are there things I could be doing differently so that when the end of my life draws near, we won't have to work through a closet full of regrets? Robin Jones Gunn has penned a well-crafted novel, one that not only mines the depths of the heart, but entertains as well, because I found that the story moved along at an excellent pace while also letting you savor the unfolding of the story.

I highly recommend this book for those readers seeking a worthy contemporary novel that will leave you feeling uplifted by the time you turn the last page. Be prepared to shed a tear! 5 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of the publisher, Howard Books, for the purposes of this unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cottage by the Sea.