Jean's Reviews > The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy: The Classic Story of Seduction and Murder

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: true-crime
Read from July 05 to 18, 2012

What a fascinating story... A crime writer who already knows the killer and actually starts writing the story before she realizes its her friend. I have to admit though, at times Ann Rule really frustrated me. I don't know if it's admirable,or disturbing, the degree to which she felt pity for Ted instead of anger or fear. Either way, I think she was very naive in the original story, but seems like she came around in her epilogue and 20 years later sections. At first she seems sure that she can help Ted Bundy, and that he would never harm her. She later, maybe after doing some more research, seems to come to the realization that Ted has never really considered her a friend, at least not in the sense she thought of him as a friend, because by definition the antisocial personality disorder person can't make those kinds of connections. And while she may not have been his typical type to attack, if she angered him he was certainly capable of violence.

Overall a book that is hard to put down and a great story about one of the most terrifying serial killers ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger Beside Me.

07/13/2012 page 88