Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Collision

Collision by Berinn Rae

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, request, science-fiction, romance
Read from July 05 to 07, 2012

Legian is secretly fighting an enemy on foreign soil for a race that does not even know he exists. He came to Earth with his people in hopes of aligning with humans to once and for all defeat the Draeken. The aligning has not gone as expected. Apolo, his leader has chosen to remain hidden and fight the enemy in secret.

Sienna moved far away from life and into a remote cabin in the woods to get away from the world. After the loss of her husband her view on life drastically changed. Her goal was isolation and she had it until a UFO crashed in her back yard. Sienna finds herself helping the man in the space craft. Alarms are blaring, fuel is leaking, and time is running out. She doesn’t even know she has just pulled her future from his death.

I found the romance to be a side story. Sienna and Legian are the main characters, they get a happily ever after, but the overall focus of the book seems to be Sienna assisting this alien race as a whole. The book reads and moves like an urban fantasy, but with aliens.

I liked Sienna. She is an easy heroine to connect with. She is trying to hold on to her human normalcy, her love of video games, romance novels, and a good glass of wine, while being the only human living among a base full of aliens. In fact I enjoyed all of the characters. The Sephian race as a whole is intriguing. Their view on women as equals was refreshing. The human friends (Division 51 Black Ops Team) that Sienna calls in for assistance added a nice tension Collision.

I found a new twist on sci fi with Collision. The aliens that have secretly landed on Earth are not here looking for a new home, they’re not looking for breeding vessels. Sephian’s have come to Earth to prevent their enemies from doing to Earth what they did to Sephia. The Sephian’s have brought advanced technology and knowledge to assist in the prevention of a war between humans and Draeken.

Colliding Worlds is a series that I will definitely continue reading. I want know more about many of the characters. I also want to know more about the Draeken. I am looking forward to the next book. I think anyone who enjoys sci fi or urban fantasy, with a touch of romance and aliens would find this an enjoyable read.

***A little FYI. RPG in this book means role playing game, not rocket propelled grenade. I’m not a gamer and I couldn’t figure out what an Xbox and RPG had in common. LOL! Gotta love Google.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collision.