Melinda's Reviews > All Creatures Great and Small

All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot

Jan 25, 13

bookshelves: fun, british-lit, biography, dogs, horses, humor, medicine, 2008, worth-owning, 2013
Read in October, 2008

I must have read this book 2 dozen times. I pull it out and re-read it when I need to laugh and laugh long and hard. The unfolding of a country vet in the stories of James Herriot is always a delight and pleasure to read.

I re-read it this year, seeing all my old friends again with delight. Siegfried, Helen, Tristan.... all the wonderful animals, cows without number, sheep without end, dogs and cats to delight and love.

I love this book! I'm due to read the others in the series now, but I love this first one the best.
**************************

Brought this one out to re-read after going through "A Tale of Two Cities" and needing something lighter to read. Just as delightful as always.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Creatures Great and Small.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan Maldrie Hi Melinda

Melinda Susan wrote: "Hi Melinda
I too have read this book but tend to come back to it--- it's like comfort food in a book to me. I guess goodness never gets old or outdated."

Susan I love that word picture, "comfort food in a book"! I may have to make that a new category for books like these.