Reading Vacation's Reviews > Spellcaster

Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz

Jul 05, 12

In the second installment of the Spellbound series, Spellcaster, Emma must face down yet another evil plot against her and her true love Brendan. The plot of the story was more face paced than the previous book. The stakes were higher, the tension thicker, and it had me turning pages at a breakneck speed. I loved the final showdown between Emma and the great evil that want her power. It was full of spells and close calls. The fact that Emma was actually concentrating on learning how to use her witch powers was cool and hilarious at times. I admire her dedication at sticking with it even when it seemed like all hope was lost.

The relationship with Emma and Brendan was as sweet and cute as ever. I can tell that they are soul mates; they just seem to complete each other. It is so nice that Brendan wants to protect Emma from the craziness of both high school and the paranormal. He is a true model boyfriend. In Spellcaster, unlike Spellbound, things actually get rough for the dream couple for a while. I hated that they couldn’t get past the arguments and realize that all each of them really wanted was the other safe and sound. Overall, Spellcaster was a way more suspenseful version of Spellbound.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spellcaster.