Lori's Reviews > The Selkie Spell

The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss

Jul 07, 12

Come sink into the depths of The Selkie Spell, a spellbinding contemporary fantasy/romance by Sophie Moss! The beautiful imagery in this novel transported me to the lush landscape of the Irish islands, where I could smell the sea salt and the heady perfume of roses in the air through the power of Sophie Moss's writing. I was drawn down into the magic in the "shipwrecked blackness" of the selkie ghost's eyes. The modern conflict of the protagonist, Tara, confronting her dark past and finding love is woven seamlessly into the magical story of her selkie ancestor whose pelt was stolen. Tara is an empathetic character whose plight and longing for love touched my heart, and I was at the edge of my seat during the suspenseful moments of her impending peril. The Selkie Spell is a captivating, atmospheric read for the beach or for just curling up with at home. It will wrap itself around you like the thatch of creeping roses around Tara's seaside cottage! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to Sophie Moss's next selkie novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Selkie Spell.