Kevin Farrell's Reviews > Devil Said Bang

Devil Said Bang by Richard Kadrey

Sep 28, 12

Read in September, 2012

This is 3rd of 4th in a series (I lost count at the moment). In the last installment Sandman Slim is tricked into taking over the Job as Lucifer in Hell. He is pretty pissed off about that and trying to figure out how to get out of Hell again. I just assumed that the series was over at that point. I mean, where do you go from there? Let me tell you, Mr. Kadrey pulls this off quite well. No spoilers here but if you read the first book - Sandman Slim - and you like it, you will like this one also.

This series is tough, raw, gritty, violent, nasty and those are Sandman Slims good qualities. There are tons of monsters, angels, demons, and creatures from other dimensions including Gods. Warning: There are no vampire love stories in this series. However, Sandman Slim has a girlfriend - sort of.

I have to tip my hat to Kadrey for his writing and the bottomless jar of story ideas that he seems to have on hand. I give this one 4-1/2 stars only because a couple of his other books were a bit better.

This is violent and graphic so if that is not what you like with your toast and OJ, you might want to skip this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Said Bang.