Melissa Foster's Reviews > Whether I'll Live or Die

Whether I'll Live or Die by Stacy Eaton

Jul 05, 12

This book is raw and real. It takes you through the lives of two very different women; one who is abused, and one who puts away those who abuse others. The emotions are raw, and at times I wanted to smack the main character for not walking away--but then I drew back and realized--recognized--that the woman portrayed is very, very real. The emotions portrayed are very real. Abuse is not pretty, it is not understandable or forgivable. I think sometimes we hear about abused women, and tend to think the victims are "stupid" for staying--they are in control after all, they can walk away. We forget how victims are drawn deeper into the relationship with each abusive event--the emotional torture and devaluing, the push-pull of wanting to be valued in the abuser's eyes. The author does a great job of painting that for us, and helping the reader see into the darker side of this character's abusive relationship. Great job of tackling a difficult subject.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whether I'll Live or Die.