Anne OK's Reviews > Moonshell Beach

bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read in July, 2012

FULL REVIEW POSTED

Between 2.5 and 3 Stars

The little engine is losing its steam. What started out as a promising series has suddenly taken a nosedive in my opinion. I really expected and hoped that the latest addition to the “Shelter Bay” books would be the best of the rest. However, J.T. and Mary’s story didn’t live up to those expectations.

My biggest problem with this installment is that the romance is mediocre and bland. The chemistry just doesn’t provide enough reaction for a believable and satisfying relationship between the H/H. I’m always up for a wee bit of the Irish influence and even that didn’t satisfy.

The secondary romance between Phoebe and Ethan from On Lavender Lane, was far more entertaining and drew more of my attention. There’s a big question concerning Phoebe’s ex that is yet to be confirmed. Because my curiosity is piqued, as I’m sure was the author’s intent, I’ll most likely be taking another trip to Shelter Bay in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonshell Beach.

Saly I found this disappointing as well.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Thank you for the honest review, Anne. I'll skip this one.

Tara Anne, I just finished and I totally agree with your review. This one left me a disappointed.