Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > A Tale of Two Goblins

A Tale of Two Goblins by H.P. Mallory

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, top-reads
Read from July 05 to 07, 2012

I really enjoyed this second instalment in the Dulcie O'Neil Series. The action started pretty much straight away, the adventure unfolding was a great ride, the mystery intriguing enough to make me want to read well into the night and the development of the relationship between Dulcie and Knight, delightful.

Quite frankly this one was one out of the box.

I have really found a gem in HP Mallory and am keen to read her other series: Jolie Wilkins. But, first I want to reach the end of those published in this cute and captivating little story.

Dulcie is definitely a likeable character. Although I think the author would like us to believe she is a kick-ass heroine, I do think Dulcie lets herself down occasionally. She just isn't that hardened persona you would expect with a cop - be they are normal human cop, or a cop for the Netherworld such as Dulcie. But, even though she lacks a little spunk here and there, she makes up for it in magical abilities and self-doubt.

It's nice to meet a lead character who has faults but is quite capable of taking care of herself - she just needs to believe she can.

All in all, I am truly enjoying this little series and can't wait for the next to begin.

This one gets a well deserved 8/10: "Excellent read, well written, fell right into the fictional world created" on the NBRS and a place on my Top Reads Bookshelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Goblins.