Nichole's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Feb 24, 09

bookshelves: a-little-girly, just-4-fun, young-adult

** spoiler alert ** I know I am going to get “boo-ed” for this, but this was my least favorite of the entire series. Part of me wishes it ended after the third book, whereas the other part of me wishes that it was only a fraction of the published book.

I loved reading about Bella’s experiences now that she was a vampire as well as experiencing her child, but (yes, here comes the big but) I felt as though most of the book was a complete waste of time. Throughout the series, we were introduces to characters (a select group which you either loved or didn’t) to which, but this time, you were attached…you were invested in their well-being (or lack there-of). Now, we are introduced to an entire group of new characters, what they can do, from where they came, and on, and on, and on! I was still ok with this, for the most part, as I thought they would serve some great purpose in the great defense at the end. But (and this is a bigger but than before)… they didn’t. They were not needed at the end of the story. I thought, “What a waste of time!”

I wanted to do more with Bella and Edward and Jake and everyone else to whom I already loved (or not), but these new vampires (of which there were too many) just detracted from the close knit “family” I knew. I wish I had read only the first third (or so) of the book and then the last couple of chapters, since I feel that the rest was just filler.

I apologize to those who feel this was a fantastic book, but not really as I find it difficult to love it when I was really bothered by it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

JoLee No apologies necessary. You are not at all alone in your issues with Breaking Dawn.