LAWonder10's Reviews > Blood Kin

Blood Kin by M.J. Scott

Sep 20, 12

Read from September 19 to 20, 2012

It is so unsettling and infuriating to many of us, who appreciates real literary talent, that the authors chose language or situations that prohibit us adding their works to our libraries.
I felt confident that a setting of the 1300's where most likely the F...in words weren't used that it wouldn't be a major problem. Given the summary, I suspected there might be some crude slang but not the sickening profanity of debased sexual references.
The story is adventurous, dramatic, imaginative, with an element of intrigue but the crude profanity kills the perfectness of it. The sexual references one perhaps can deal with since it doesn't go int explicit detail but the profanity is totally distasteful.
The plot is in a unique setting of four different types of beings brought together through a treaty which some do not approve. Though the two main characters are from two different life styles and beliefs, their ultimate cause is the same - to keep the somewhat peace of the treaty. They are compelled to work together until the plan hits a major barrier.
Holly has no choice but to betray the man she loves and respects. Guy has to face crushing betrayals.
I won this and appreciate the effort to make these available to avid readers, but crushed I will be unable to keep or recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Kin.