L. Ivanette's Reviews > Sing You Home

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

U 50x66
Jul 05, 12

Read in March, 2012

I found this book to be choppy, and a little rushed, but I have a feeling it was meant to be that way. My math may be wrong, but the whole thing covers about nine months. Vanessa and Zoe and Max take turns as narrators, each giving the reader insight into their head and heart. The most touching part of the storyline had to be the connection that Zoe makes with a severely depressed teenager. I even listened to some of the songs that came alone with the book. I liked the idea behind the music, but the music wasn't memorable.

In all honesty, some parts were hard to read, particularly when the Church gets involved and attacks Zoe an Vanessa for (it seems) even existing. Sing You Home is a story that I can see happening in every state that has yet to step into the 21st century and recognized gay marriage and gay parenting as equal.

The fact that I read all night and finished the book as the sun was rising leads me to believe that it deserves more stars...perhaps for good editing and for creativity...but I'm sticking with 3.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing You Home.