Judith's Reviews > 52 Reasons to Hate My Father

Jul 12, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from July 09 to 12, 2012

4.5
Lexington Larrabee has everything. Fabulous clothes, an expensive car, a mansion, a jet at her disposal and a check for $25 million dollars waiting for her….that is until her dad spoils everything. After causing one too many scandals Lexi’s father decides she has to earn her inheritance… all $25 million. Now she must complete 52 weeks of 52 dead end minimum wage jobs before she can cash in on her fortune. Now add in the fact that her father has stuck her with a babysitter, granted a very cute babysitter who is quite ripped, and Lexi’s world pretty much sucks. But there is more to meets the eye with this rich girl. Underneath her fabulous lifestyle, Lexi’s lives in a world without love. Will her 52 jobs be able to solve her problems or will Lexi be drawn back into her old life of scandal?
52 Reasons To Hate My Father is a great summer novel. I was looking for something light that I could read in one sitting. This was just what I was looking for. We have all seen the socialites scattered on the tabloids, but in Jessica Brody’s new novel she adds a certain twist to the out of control rich girl that we usually see. I would have liked to see Brody go deeper into the jobs and expo some hard truths about minimum wage jobs today. I’m not saying go full on Barbara Ehrenreich, but a little more exposure on the plight of middle and lower classes would have been refreshing. Still, I loved this book. If I laugh out loud while reading any book, then I know I have found a winner. 52 Reasons to Hate My Father will keep you entertained and smiling as Lexi struggles to adjust to her new lifestyle.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father.

07/09/2012 "Really liking it so far."