lafon حمزة نوفل's Reviews > Lion of Babylon

Lion of Babylon by Davis Bunn

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read on July 04, 2012

I don't like Christian fiction. At all. Not because I have anything against Christianity (that would be completely untrue), but rather because it's (the genre, not the religion) usually very preachy. Trinity this, Jesus dying for you that. I have my own religion thank you very much. And I have no intention of leaving it.
I also don't like thrillers as a rule. More often than not (especially nowadays) they're about some courageous Marine or soldier from the States, who goes and prevents an evil (Muslim) terrorist from causing major mayhem.
There is one small problem: there are very few books about the Old World (by this I mean Arabia, and North Africa) that I have access to that aren't either Christian fiction, or a thriller, or worse both.
Yet in spite of my low expectations coming into this book (or maybe because of them) I was charmed. Not enough to fully get over the slightly unsubtle Jesus-is-a-saviour rhetoric that is evidenced throughout the work, but enough to enjoy myself.

You know what, I'm in a charitable mood, so i'm gonna rate this book three stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lion of Babylon.