Lis (The reader lines)'s Reviews > The Treachery of Beautiful Things

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

Jul 05, 2012

bookshelves: arc, amazing-covers
Read from August 10 to 12, 2012

I have to admit that the first time I read the summary for this book I thought about The Iron Fey series, which I love a lot. But while I started reading I was like... excited! It isn't any alike. You can think that after reading tons of books about fae, you can get bored, but I didn't. The world created by Ruth is exquisit and charming.

Yeah, you'll read again about Oberon, Titania, Puck y Mab, but HELL!!! They're not the same you read before the so beautiful it hurts to see, and so terrorific it hurts to think.
Like you can read in the summary, Jenny comes to the Faerie word with the intention to take her brother's back. What she didn't thought was all the think that could happen to her there. All the treats, and the fear, all the pain, and also, all the love.
The characters are something magical, like taken from a book wrote years before on golden pages. They're totally different, almost unreal, but so real at the same time.
See? I can't be focus, I just finished it and I'm still thrilled and absolutely in love.

The heroine: Jenny is brave. That's the only word I can think of to start talking about her. I swear I don't remember any moment to dissapoint about her, of crying and so damn drama. She is a strong character. Selfless and mature.

The crush of the book: Jack... Okay, I am weird so I'll say that when I read his description I "run" to google to search "his kind of eyes" and I loved it, that was the first thing I loved about him. But then, comes to most. He is protective but not the boring and suffocating kind. He is just really lovely and good... and well, misterious.

The villians: Mab and Oberon... Oh surprise, yeah, they were the villians.. but heck, forget about the other Mab and Oberon you met before. They're are a new kind of malevolence. Don't want to say more, because I want YOU to meet them!

In fact, all about this book is great, very complete and beautiful.
It has all the things you want in a YA book: action, romance, a little of drama, amazing characters, a very well created universe, powerful writing-style, and a great plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Treachery of Beautiful Things.

08/10/2012 page 200

message 1: by Liss (new) - added it

Liss Martz This book looks amazing!!! =) I just had a live chat with the author, I invited you by fb but I guess you were reading! =/

Lis  (The reader lines) Oh God!!! I didn't have internet these days!!! Thanks so much for the invitation! Too bad I missed it!

message 3: by Imani (new)

Imani OHH thanks for this!! i wanna read it. reminded me of the Iron Fey series too (which i LOVED) so the fact that u compared it in ur review is awesome!

Lis  (The reader lines) Imani wrote: "OHH thanks for this!! i wanna read it. reminded me of the Iron Fey series too (which i LOVED) so the fact that u compared it in ur review is awesome!"

Yay! SO GLAD FOR YOU! I hope you can read it, soon!