G'Niel.'s Reviews > Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012-summer-reads
Read from July 07 to 15, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I didn't even finish reading this book. I think I'm somewhere around chapter 10. I'm going to have to literally force myself to finish it if I can weed through all the unnecessary prose. JUST TELL THE DAMN STORY. I don't care about how the rose bushes or whatever the fuck smells during the summer. What does that have to do with advancing the plot? Not a mother fucking thing. The main character is upset that she's going off to college and has to leave her boyfriend home. -_- This boyfriend recently lost his mother to cancer and basically needs the main character (Rebecca? I think) for his survival. I think. I really don't fucking know because the real reason is hidden in the unnecessary prose this book is littered with. I'm tempted to spoil the ending for myself, but I pretty sure I won't even understand it.

Why is it so hard to find good fiction. Why do grown ass people insist on writing YA. Why do I insist on reading it.

So many questions.
No answers.

And I have yet to figure out why Amelia Anne had to die or who killed her and I don't even care. I thought this would be a murder mystery/crime type book but it's just a bunch of teenage angst.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lectus ha ha ha! yes, I abandoned the book too and can't seem to be able to pick it up! But alas! I paid $10.99 for it so I must even if it hurts my sanity!