Steen's Reviews > A Crown of Swords

Jul 16, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-books, fantasy-sci-fi, favorites
Read from July 04 to 14, 2012

This one held my interest more so then the last one so I got through it pretty quick. Although I don't like how bossy and demanding most of the characters have turned into! I mean really Nyneave demanding a group of people to tell you what you want to know and then throwing a fit when they don't really isn't going to help your cause. I used to really like Nyneave, I hope she is more likeable in later books. Sure she has a quick temper but this is more just being a brat. Elayne is no better, I still can't stand her. Also if I hear Rand (or matt or Perrin) say once more that they wish that they knew what the other two did about talking to girls because they themselves are horrible at it, I will scream! I can take the multitude of hair yanking Nyneave does, or describing things as stout wool but not that 'I know nothing of girls' crap.

I'm also wondering if Perrin even has a part to play in the whole grand scheme of things since he is barely in any of the last few books. It seems like the only thing he has going for him is that he can talk to wolves, is Rand's childhood friend and is somewhat of a person people will follow. I guess I will find out but it seems like Matt has more of a part to play in the last battle then Perrin does, regardless that they are both Ta'veren and the fact that Matt really hasn't been around much either.

7 more to go!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Crown of Swords.

07/06/2012 page 342
38.0% "wow page 342 already! I can't read this one fast enough :) which is good because I thought I was hitting a WoT reading fatigue near the end of book 6. Glad it seems to have picked up/is interesting to me again."
07/08/2012 page 495
55.0% "I'm definately reading through this one faster then the last which is good. There still isn't to much of Perrin in this book so far which is dissappointing since he is one of my favorite characters."