Patrice Hoffman's Reviews > The Last Minute

The Last Minute by Jeff Abbott

Jul 05, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads-giveaways
Read from August 14 to 15, 2012

Can't wait to read... But I want to read Adrenaline first before starting this book.
*update*

*Won through a Goodreads giveaway*

Before starting this book, I read book one in the Sam Capra series Adrenaline. If I can help it, I try to read book series in succession. Although I won this one, I'm glad I did not make an exception to read this one without reading the first. Book one really laid down the background for the reason why Capra's mission is so important and fuels the plot for The Last Minute.

Capra begins with this book not long after the first book ended. The quest in finding his son, Daniel, is the driving force behind this novel. Mila makes her appearance as well as August, Capra CIA buddy. The characters are given much more depth this time around. Mila's background is very touching which was necessary to smooth out her rough edges. My biggest let down of Adrenaline was it's lack of character depth. This book filled in a lot of gaps. It made me actually care about Capra in a way the first book could not.

Overall the book moves at an extremely fast pace. It's easy to follow and moves smoothly through the action scenes. I really enjoyed this book. It has all the elements that make a great thriller read great: action, suspense, death, and more action. I was even shocked about the twist near the end which I didn't see coming. Speaking of the end, I'm not sure if I liked it or not but I hope to read more of Abbott's work with Sam Capra. He's an exciting, witty, caring operative that is worth taking future journeys with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Minute.

08/14/2012 page 200
08/14/2012 page 325
68.0% "Getting pretty good!"
08/15/2012 page 400
83.0% "Almost there"

message 1: by Jacqueline (new) - added it

Jacqueline W. Yes, Patrice read adrenaline first and, I think you're going to like it.

Patrice Hoffman Jackie wrote: "Yes, Patrice read adrenaline first and, I think you're going to like it."

I just bought it yesterday from amazon so I should be getting it someday soon. After I get adrenaline I'll definitely pick up The Last Minute. I like starting from the beginning of a series.