Jimena's Reviews > Echoes at Dawn

Jul 12, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: romance
Read from July 11 to 12, 2012

This book continues the story from the previous KGI book Whispers in the Dark. In Whispers in the Dark Shea finds love and protection with the Kelly clan. Shea’s sister Grace is on the run and has broken the telepathic link she had with Shea to keep her sister save. Shea can’t get a message to Grace that she can join her and be save. Team leader Rio promises Shea to find Grace and keep her safe in Whispers in the Dark. This book is about Rio finding Grace, keeping Grace safe and falling in love with Grace.

This is the first book in this series where the romance isn’t with one of the Kelly brothers. I was curious about Rio because he’s been so mysterious in the previous books. In this book we do learn more about Rio’s background. I was a bit disappointed with how Rio developed. He’s a real alpha male but in Grace’s hands he just turns into a softy (too soft). She even calls him a “fluffball deep inside” and he’s not bothered with it. Grace is a fierce woman which everyone told her multiple times, a bit too much for my liking. I think they were irresponsible with sex without a condom. There was trouble coming their way because another organization wanted their hands on Grace and Grace was still weak. Getting pregnant shouldn’t be on their to-do list at that moment.

In the previous book Nathan and Shea already had a telepathic link and been to hell and back together. So when they meet I understand the attraction and that developing to love. In this story Rio sees video footage of Grace and he knows she is “the one”. And Grace isn’t sure whether she should trust Rio but she’s awfully quick with deciding to trust him even though he hasn’t proven himself.

I love Maya Banks’ writing but there wasn’t enough romance build up in this book. But I do have high hope for the next KGI book because it’s going to be PJ and Cole’s story. They are both KGI and snipers, I already love their bickering in all the KGI books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes at Dawn.

07/11/2012 page 173