Jimena's Reviews > Whispers in the Dark

Whispers in the Dark by Maya Banks

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read in July, 2012

Maya Banks throws some paranormal elements into this book, I’m still not sure how I feel about that.

This story is about Nathan Kelly who’s been captured while on his last mission with the army. He and his twin brother Joe were going to join KGI and work with their brothers after they served their last tour in the army. This didn’t went well after Joe got shot and Nathan went MIA. When in captivity Nathan gets help from Shea but not in the traditional way. She helps him find his way home to his family. When she reaches out to him for help, he’s set on finding her and protect her.

I actually like paranormal romance but when I’m set on a romantic suspense series and it turns into a paranormal romance series that's just not right.
But I must admit that I really liked this story. It was definitely better than the previous one. I liked how all the Kelly brothers went on the mission to help Nathan. In previous books there were a few brothers who needed to stay home for the ‘fragile’ women. I think the Kelly women have proved themselves to be strong women in the previous books so they don’t need there men to babysit them. I’m not really sure how this series will develop after the paranormal added to it. But I still love this series and will keep reading the books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers in the Dark.