Kathy 's Reviews > The Cottage At Glass Beach

The Cottage At Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri

F_50x66
Jul 05, 12

Read in July, 2012

This book was interesting but not as good as I had hoped. Nora escapes to a small island off the coast of Maine, fleeing the media who have chased after her because of an affair her husband, an up and coming political star, had. She brings her two young daughters with her to her birthplace. There are many mysteries in Nora's past, not the least of which is what exactly happened to her mother when she disappeared on the island many years ago. Throughout her stay, Nora learns many answers to questions that have nagged her throughout her life. The plot of the story was very interesting, but I think the execution of the plot was not as well done as it could have been. I found myself trying to figure out what was going on on may occaisions as I read and I did not really understand some of the main points the author was making. The character development was okay, though I would have liked more development of the main male character, Owen, throughout the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cottage At Glass Beach.