Helena's Reviews > Travel Unscripted

Travel Unscripted by Mark  Murphy

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: 08-first-reads, memoirs
Read from July 19 to 22, 2012

I received this book from Goodreads First Read. When I first won this book, I wondered why I even signed up for the giveaway. I think I was overzealous and not paying close attention, because this is definitely not my style of book. Since I had already won, and it was staring me in the face, I decided that I should read it anyhow.

I dug into the book expecting a long boring description of how the website started. I was pleasantly surprised, although there is a lot of information about the website (and if I highlighted the word "Unscriped" throughout this book, my marker would dry up), but there's a lot of really cute stories as well.

The book did seem disjointed. It didn't really mesh to me from chapter to chapter, but each chapter seemed to have at least one interesting story.

I think my favourite part was about the talking sheep. That was a very cute story, and it shows that even though he was on the road so much, he was very attached to his family, and would do anything for his kids.

This book definitely proves the point to not judge a book by it's cover. I feel that if I were the target audience for this book, I would have been able to rate it higher, but since it really was my first book of this type, I don't have much to judge it against.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travel Unscripted.

07/19/2012 page 82