Kristen's Reviews > Lightbringer

Lightbringer by K.D. McEntire

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: youngadult, romance-y, paranormal-fantasy, fairy-tales
Read from July 04 to 07, 2012

Short & Sweet: This retelling of Peter Pan is quite interesting. Wendy is a lightbringer, a human that can see ghosts and helps them move on to where they belong. Piotr is the first Rider and helps the Lost, the children ghosts who are stuck in the in-between. When they first meet is the first time Wendy sees a ghost, after a car crash in which her best friend Eddie lost his father. When she sees him years later, he does not remember her. Together they must figure out who is gathering the soul eating ghosts of the world to do her bidding. Yet, Piotr does not know that she is a lightbringer, a scary thing to him, that takes the ghosts away forever. Wendy herself is on a mission to find her mother's soul, which is lost in the ghost world as her body lays comatose. I found this one to be quite a complex tale that really drew you in. I hope that the sequel will be coming soon as it left on a bit of an unclosed ending.

Final Verdict: If you want to see a kick butt Wendy, read this one. If you like paranormal, read this one. It might not be for everyone, but it was a good read for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lightbringer.