Ari's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Jul 04, 12

bookshelves: non-mm
Read in July, 2012

The ninth installment of Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Payne; the daughter of Bloodletter, V's twin sister, came far away from the Far side to the human world due to her paralyzing injure. (Ok, she's got bore too in the Far side ^^). The human surgeon, Manny, dragged to fix her since Jane couldn't do it. Aaaannnd as soon as they met, the spark flies...

What I like:
1. Manny's perception about human and vampire relationship. He thought about his family, his job and the world he lives. He's not blinded by the instant connection with Payne. Maybe because he's a male, I guess.
Beth, Jane and Mary, were a ambitious-independence-carrier-orriented women once, but they cut loose their previous life and enter the Brotherhood, without acceptable reasons.

2. V more scoop, off course involving Butch as well ^^ In fact, this book is like V's second book. (view spoiler)

3. Thomas Delvecchio, he's probably my first favorite secondary character, he has very interesting background and I hope Warden will give him more story about him.

What I don't like:
1. Qhuay's antsy
arrgggghhh....Warden stop kihling us with Qhuay's antsy, just give them their own book!!!
Layla is a bitch, Qhuinn is a coward, Blay is a whore #plakk

2. another WRATH'S far far far cousins? *facepalmed*

3. Xcor and the gangs, another brotherhood? *facepalmed*
I prefer Lassiter's story than bring out the nu characters

4. And why Warden frequently adding extra letter to so many word huh? is she twelve?

OK, the next book is about Tohr. Who's Tohr anyway?!
I. WANT. QHUAY.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.