Allison's Reviews > Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin

Jul 04, 2012

I'm glad that this book won at least the Caldecott Honor book. This was a really short but amusing read. I liked that the artist Betsy Lewin wrote her method for making the pictures near the publishing information. I know the kids wouldn't read that but it is very helpful when you want to know how they created their pictures. I knew that it was watercolors but she used them in a very unique way. I also loved the story. The cows found a typewriter and wrote to Farmer Brown requesting electric blankets. The hens wanted them too but Farmer Brown wouldn't buy them. They refused went on strike and refused to produce milk or eggs. They reach an agreement. The cows will hand over the typewriter if they get the blankets. Farmer Brown gives them the blankets and duck, who was supposed to return it to him took it for themselves and asked for a diving board. I have never read anything quite like this book. The electric blankets will work for now but he really should invest in some type of fire safe heater for the animals in the barn. I don't know why he fought with the cows and hens for long just to give into their demands. Farmer Brown probably won't install a diving board for the ducks though. Ages 4-8

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click, Clack, Moo.