Barbara's Reviews > Home to Holly Springs

Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon

Dec 03, 08

bookshelves: general-fiction
Read in November, 2008, read count: 2

With the shift away from Mitford, I wondered how things would work for the Father Tim stories. Well...just fine!

This was my second time reading it and it was worth multiple readings. Probably the most emotionally charged in a way, potent with Father Tim's memories of growing up, as he fills in the gaps between what he remembers and the realities he didn't understand (or wasn't even aware of). After the years of "dropped hints" in the other Mitford novels, it was cool to get a more full story regarding Father Tim. Just make sure you have the tissues handy!

I know it's been criticized for a few too many "coincidences" but a good author can get away with those in the right context, and this time it worked. Especially in Father Tim's long-standing desire for a brother. Overall this is really a story about grace, forgiveness, restoration, and yes, what home is really all about.

While many beloved characters never make an appearance, I think this is probably one of my favorites in the series.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home to Holly Springs.